Long Time No Post




I am in awe of artists who manage to keep blogs updated while showing up on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and I'm sure there are others... It's really difficult for me to find the time to not only put my own art out there but also to look at the work done by my fabulous art friends.

Since I last posted, my work has evolved entirely and most every spare minute is spent in the studio.  In September I made my biannual trip to Saluda for a workshop with Wan Marsh at Random Arts. Spending several days (yes, it was a two day workshop but required 5 days' stay) with Jane Powell, and in the company of wonderful artists is my manna, sanity, respite. 




I had a chance to spend some time with Wan and quickly found that we are kindred spirits. She's amazing and her teaching methods are extremely accessible. In the workshop I used her techniques but with entirely different results. That is the true goal of workshops - not to recreate the instructor's work but to branch out and open the wondrous door of discovery. So, thirty paintings later, I'm still wandering...
I hope you are in good health, spirits and creating as often as possible, ie, instead of doing dishes or dusting. Those things will always be there, unlike the urge and ability to capture creativity, my life goal. Blessings to you!




This piece is part of a series I did called 'Sistahs' based on the serendipitous, deeply gratifying relationships that deepen our lives if we remain open...


Comments

Seth said…
These new works are stunning Patti. Love. All. Three.
linda said…
You certainly have blossomed in your art. I love it and your beautiful insight and words.
Lisa said…
Oh I how I appreciate your words. Thank you for sharing. Absolutely love where your heART is taking you!
Marylinn Kelly said…
I hope zillions of people read your description of how workshops ought to work, absorbing new information, honing new skills and creating original art, not copies. Thirty paintings later...remarkable. xo
Caterina Giglio said…
your new works are great Patti... so energetic and beautiful.. and I agree about housework... life is too short! xoxo
Beautiful work, Patti... and I consider you one of my sistahs... xox
Gaby Bee said…
Your new works are gorgeous, Patti!

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy Creative New Year!

Hugs, Gaby
Sue M said…
Lovely work and words - you are inspirational.

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist