I've already established that door hangers can be fun (yes, Sharmon, you know they can:) So, I'll just say that in the midst of a deadline for a gallery show, for which I am not yet prepared, I find myself distracted by fun. Not that a mixed media canvas isn't fun, but I don't have the seasoning to separate creativity from the thought that a date is looming large. I'm in the midst of my third 12x12 and I really love them; for me they are a larger project so making door hangers is like instant gratification, one of my favorite things!

Here's the one I made for Al, my nickname for my lovely daughter Alice, who never ceases to amaze me...






Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute and gypsy-like!
Healing Woman said…
They do look like fun! Yes. Instant gratification means a lot when preparing for shows! I remember it well, 30 shows a year! How did I do it?
Karin Bartimole said…
fun indeed - I especially like the dangles! (And of course Alice's pretty face peering out.) Which side asks for private time? they both are inviting to me :)
These would be fun gifts - do you plan to make them to sell, too? They'd be a popular and unique gift for the holidays, I bet.
Well isn't that just a special thing. I have never made a door hanger before, so this one made me giggle. And I could just hear the little clicks and jingles the trim must make. Glad you had a small break. You probably needed it.
Yes, these door hangers rate quite high on the fun-o-meter! I hope your pieces for the show are progressing well; when do they have to be finished? May the force be with you!
Kel said…
what delightful doorhangers
a lovely handmade gift that anyone would love to be on the receiving end of
Gaby Bee said…
These doorhangers are terrific! Love all the delicious embellishments you've added!

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Long Time No Post