In the Paint



My next post will be on a redesigned page that reflects an amazing journey since I last blogged - in early 2015! 
I believe with all my heart that we are always 'in-process' and possess infinite creativity, but I haven't always felt that way. I recently uncovered the perplexing switch that allows monkey mind, fear and resistance to block the journey to becoming as complex, complete and evolved as possible. Can't quite put my finger on it (bad pun), when exactly I began painting without pause, without question, and thankfully without that nasty, clingy critic rambling in my head. OK, I still hear it occasionally but can shut it up and listen to my studio music instead. 
I've come to realize that those whiny voices aren't real, that self-doubt can be overcome and that my insatiable love for the creative process has paid off. I am ready to send my work out into the world. If you know me you know that I'm not one to boast or call false attention to myself, preferring instead honesty, being real and vulnerable with total openness. It's simply time. In the coming weeks I'll share my work, materials, inspirations and reflections, while hoping madly that you will still be reading!
Until then, I have one burning question: Do you ever stop creating briefly to dance in the studio? Please, please, please leave a comment with your answer (research) and any other words you are willing to share! Namaste and blessings to all.

Comments

Love to see you posting again, Patti. Dance in the studio? Yes! To Brazilian music, preferably! Happiness & Inspiration to All . . .
Caterina Giglio said…
Very happy to see you posting.. And of course I dance in the studio! 😍❣
Maelchen said…
There I am, dear Patti, leaving you a quick note before I head into daily work. I found you on Facebook and loved the images you shared. But today it was special and I headed diectly to your blog to see what happens here. I am happy I did. There is so much to see and learn and I just loved the openness and honesty with which you invite us all to follow your journey. And I sure will!
As to dancing while creating: Nope! Never! Even listening to music distracts me. I am focussed on what I am doing, when it's creating it is creating, when it is dancing it is dancing. (Just for your research :-)).
Greetings from Germany. Manu
Dearest Maelchen! Your comment is the reason I blog - wishing you every success and happiness on your creative journey!
Laura said…
I'm so happy to see you back on your blog! I've missed you! (even though I see you on Instagram often!) Monkey mind is in control of my mind right now and has been for a while. I haven't made anything in ages. I'm so happy to see you working so much! You are a great inspiration to me and I'm sure to many others. Can't wait to see what you're working on!

love & blessings
~*~

ps... yes, sometimes, depending on what I'm listening to, I stop and dance in my studio although there isn't a lot of room to move so it is mostly just me standing there, flat footed and wiggling. (not a good visual!) hahaha
Patti, I'm so glad you're back! Missed you, girl! Yes, I sometimes dance in the studio, but it can be a bit hazardous, since I frequently use the floor as a work space - have to watch out for exacto knives, acrylic medium, collages items, and two dogs!
~*~Patty S said…
So nice to see you pop up in blogland again dear Patti!
Keep enjoying your creative journey
blossoming and growing and singing about it is nice too ♥
I would dance if I could dance but my studio is tiny and floor space is VERY limited.
I let my fingers dance all the time
oxo

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!