Bloom Where You're Planted


Another page from my watercolor book features a photo of a table setting/vase, taken so long ago I don't even recall where we were! I'm consciously using a wider range of color, materials, processes and techniques in my work - so along with layer/texture love, I'm really stretching. Pan pastels put a nice finishing touch on this piece so they're a new favorite. 

The theme for this post is flowers (really, who does themes?! maybe a way to use two unrelated photos). From social media pals, I've learned that Central Kentucky isn't the only area with a blasted rain gauge. Between the fog, sog and chill, it hasn't really seemed like summer for much of the time, though rain does create fabulous studio days! I've finished a dozen pages, more art than I've ever made in a short time span... don't know if it's thanks to working in a book or using the photography - or both, but as we all know, more art = more happy. Especially since we've only had two lakes trips so I haven't done enough swimming (my other therapy for chronic illness!).



I don't have much of a green thumb but was thrilled when my artist-husband, Jim Edmon, upcycled some old wood and glass panels to create the coolest flower holder (is that even a valid term??) ever! He even did the planting - I have a feeling this addition to our somewhat eclectic, foresty back yard will be a fave for years to come. 



Hope your late summer is blossoming! 



Comments

Priti Lisa said…
Hi Patti!
What a pleasure it has been for me this morning to visit your 'attic'
We share a love of old things I see and your art journal is just wonderful!
I also see we have many friends in common...it is always fascinating to me to wonder why some paths cross. I am sure you will be an inspiration to me. ♥
~*~Patty S said…
Great colors and textures in this creation Patti!
Being on a creative roll is a wonderful thing...
Way to make lovely lemonade with all of your wet weather...seems weather patterns all over are a bit odd
That planter your husband made is super...what a great use of materials...I really like raised boxes for ease of caring for them too...
Happy Weekend to you and yours
oxo

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Fall Giveaway!

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist