The Flea Market Arrived

A couple of weeks ago, Trina at the The Paper Flea Market, had a water-damage related sale - the deal was $10 for a Priority Mail box. I love surprises and have done business with her before so I didn't hesitate. The biggest surprise was when I realized just how many treasures were jam packed in the box...



I can't imagine the value of the amazing stuff she sent me, but I suspect it would fetch quite a bit more than $10!! Game pieces, fabrics, tons of papers, post cards, playing cards, photographs, an entire book...



I love the vintage school work - who doesn't remember practicing the alphabet on ruled sheets (that were white at the time:), or the visual method for learning vocabulary - always my favorite.



These days every credit card comes with a reward or point system which has done away with the exquisite paper trail of old. The stamp books are a fave - I remember a really, really long time ago when my mom collected Green Stamps. She redeemed them for counter-top appliances, a barbeque grill and a canister set that my Dad said was nice but would never last. I just check to be sure, but they are still in use!



Game pieces, Monopoly money, playing cards and a birthday card that must have its roots in the Southeast, perhaps close to home?



The fabric was an unexpected treat - along with the wallpaper strips are two large pieces of old fabric and a couple of samples that are transparent, and quite lovely!





There hasn't been time or energy for working in the studio lately, so I've decided that I'm going to use this enormous stash for prompts. Journal pages, a collage, who knows? Trina was cleaned out of treasure boxes but the sale was so popular that she plans more in the future. Well worth checking out!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a haul! I bet the water damaged bits make it even more interesting....some box of treasure there Patti. Thanks for the visit. xox Corrine
Caterina Giglio said…
lovely stash! and I know you will find good uses for each and every piece! xx
Jill Zaheer said…
Wow, my eyes are still popping out! What a truck load of fun things to use, be nostalgic about and think up stories about. Lots here to be creative with. Lucky you- a jackpot of super stash for sure!
j said…
Very cool. Everything has a story behind it -- one of the most interesting things about old stuff like that. It looks like it is in pristine condition, too.
Debrina said…
Ooooh - always nice to get a bargain, Patti! How are you anyway? I have listed my robot pendants up on Etsy finally (only took me a million years to get there). Anyway, if you are serious about buying a couple, ignore the postage quote. I'm charging Air Mail (first class rates). If you don't mind waiting a little longer for them to arrive (but certainly before xmas!) we can go the Economy way. Anyway, you must be getting ready for another Halloween over your way? Are you doing anything special? I'm getting my "Day of the Dead" outfit ready for a dress-up party. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post it on F/Bk or my blog though!!
Hay,

Your blog is so nice.
And I will follow your blog.
Please take a look into my world.

Love..Marijke
www.marijkevanooijen.blogspot.com
Erika C. said…
Oh so much fun! What will you do with it all? I love stuff like this.

love,
Erika

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!