Patti Edmon Altered Attic

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I haven't been able to post any of my work for so long... before the gallery show on the 20th (of Feb:) I spent every spare second getting the journals and canvas finished. After the show I spent over a week recovering but over the weekend we finally had some sun and I was able to set up outside and get some photos.
My favorite journal was purchased before I could have it photographed, but it is going to a wonderful home. I've decided to do a series - wasn't quite done with that thought:)

Hope is a departure from my usual; I most always use photographs I've taken, or old copyright-free images. If you recognize 'her' let me know so I can give credit - I can't recall where I found the lovely girl.




I'll take them to New Editions next, the gallery that sold 8 journals in November, to see if the owner will take more - wish me luck. I want to start an etsy store, now there is artfire and another one I hadn't seen before... and I'm not sure about whether they work or not. Being a novice, I'll take all the advice I can get!!



These photos distort the sense of size... the journal below is small - 5" x 5" - but my second favorite, at least I think!



The one below used to be a child's ABC board book, and it's 8-1/2 inches square; I had to paint a background for that magnificent flower, one of the many surprised in my bobbles and bling purchases



I have more and will post them as I finish the photo work... thanks for looking!

8 comments:

La Dolce Vita said...

lovely work as always dear Patti! of course she will want more!! your work SELLS !!! hope you are well sounds like you are in a very productive place! come by my place for a giveaway! muah!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Hey Patti, I like the new work. I'm also contemplating the Etsy thing, and can't decide if I want to spend the time, the effort, etc. Let me know your thoughts on this, and what you find out from others.
I hope all is well in Lexington! isn't it nice to finally get some warmer weather?

B.Held said...

Truly spectacular treasures.

cheryl said...

Well I say that was definitely worth the wait. I think having the
etsy store will be a great idea.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing the new work

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I found your blog during OWOH, bookmarked it, and am finally returning to read through it. Your art journals are gorgeous, so full of color. Why is it, that after OWOH, I too went into an art slowdown, losing much of my creativity. Your recovery was great and quick, and I totally enjoyed reading what has come since then.

I feature a new blog on my blog each day, and tomorrow (Mar 15), I will be featuring yours. Your art is so inspirational. I know it is both beautiful and inspirational to me.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Patti,

I couldn't find your e-mail address, so thought I would tell you for all the world to see that I would be honored to have you add my blog to your blog roll. May I please do the same?

Arteefaque: (är'tə-fākt') * said...

You are a great inspiration and I have awarded you the Kreativ Blogger Award! Please vist my blog for more details!

alteredbits said...

these are fantastic! i love them! i didn't see them when i commented earlier and this just shows how poorly i've been at keeping up with people. the charlotte one is fantastic! i love her and all of the sari silk and other goodies. and the first one is an image from one of my collage sheets. :) under the heart is a little blue bird, right? or perhaps i just have the same one -- no worries. fantastic work, my talented friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails