Treasures Flying Across the Globe

One of the best things about the last Paper Swap (hosted by the fabulous Lawenda) was that my partner took.... a bit of extra time to get the package together, as did I. With good reason though - we decided to make a custom piece for each other.

Dale is from Canada and lives in Korea. She made this fabulous necklace for me! Loads of detail that adds interest to the amazing style. Speaking of paper, she also included a section of Korean newspaper and a pack stationery made in Korea that is too cute - I'll have to scan a piece. I love collecting papers from other countries, whether it's tissue paper, newsprint, wrap or wallpaper, stamps... All great additions to my stash!



We agreed on 3 ATCs and I absolutely love hers... they are rich in color and design and will make my collection infinitely more fabulous.









Dale requested a journal, my specialty:) She said she hadn't used one before so hopefully this one will inspire her to begin. I had a blast making it and though I worried that the medium-weight cover wouldn't stand up to the layers I like to pile on, I was pleasantly surprised.



I found a new source for small journals (3-1/2 x 4) and I'm thrilled because it actually has blank pages. Most of the affordable, ready made journals are lined, which is great for writers but a lot less to cover up for journaling.

I'm still digging into my son's old Pokemon stash for ATCs... I forgot to gesso the back side of one so it will be obvious:) Hey, doesn't that make it a recycled treasure??



I've only made a handful of ATCs for swaps, but next to inchies, they are my favorites. Mine are simple in design and construction but the possibilities are endless. I hope to spend more time experimenting. Talk about complexity and fabulosity, check out the incredible pieces recently posted by Alicia at Digital Arts, and Debbie, aka Mistress Debrina - definitely worth framing!



The one above is my favorite, though it makes the least sense:) It was one of those - start out with no idea and then suddenly flow - experiences that make the creative process, well, divine indeed!



This tissue paper butterfly has been fluttering around the table for a while now, looking for a home and I sure it will be happy in Korea. Dale is primarily a jewelry maker so I rounded up some extras goodies for her package!

Off to make a card for a baby shower...

Comments

Diana Meade said…
Your swap partner is a lucky girl. I really like the journal you did. I like the happy color and the design would make me want to have it near by when I am feeling inspired. I also like the ATC's and the fact that you just let the creativity flow. Good job.
Anonymous said…
Such amazing work! The colors are so vibrant and beautiful :)
LaWendula said…
You both did great jobs! I like that you have such a good communication and made all so precisely.
:)
Hope Dale will be in one of the next swaps!
DVArtist said…
Wow everything looks fabulous!!!

Nicole/Beadwright
This looks like an excellent swap. It is so much fun to see what everyone is doing. If you want to swap twosies I am up for it...
jill Zaheer said…
What a unique treasure trove of true works of art- not just a regular swap of papers- not that a regular swap isn't the best thing unto itself. Thanks for sharing all of these goodies. Now so I shouldn't be put to shame in my swap, got to go and be inventive for Druga!!!
Erika C. said…
These are wonderful. I am loving doing ATC's too. It gets me to my studio and it is so much fun to send them out and then get amazing art in return. I am doing ATC's with Lani (Puppetmaker)'s 14 Secrets. Are you are part of that?

love,
Erika
Ragamuffin Gal said…
You have been busy creating fabulous art as always ~ Very beautiful work Patti! Love everything you sent to your SP. Blessings!
Riki Schumacher said…
Love your work! Beautiful ATC's! Look forward to more. Riki
Caterina Giglio said…
what a fun swap and awsome work my dear!!
Contessa Kris said…
Ohhh, I love all your ATCs. Especially the nest/eggs one. The book cover is beautiful as well!

Thanks for stopping by my blog to comment. Always nice to catch up with you!
cheryl said…
I really like the one with the butterfly!
Debrina said…
Hi Patti! Better late than never; but here I am! Thanks so much for linking to my last ACEO/ATCs on my blog. You are very sweet! I love this latest posting of yours - great to see so much colour and differentiation between them. You write so wonderfully well, too. Did you say uin an earlier posting that you are published? Where and what?
Debrina said…
Hi Patti! Better late than never; but here I am! Thanks so much for linking to my last ACEO/ATCs on my blog. You are very sweet! I love this latest posting of yours - great to see so much colour and differentiation between them. You write so wonderfully well, too. Did you say uin an earlier posting that you are published? Where and what?

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!