What's Right with the World

During my rounds I'm finding that a lot of fellow bloggers are tossing resolution lists in favor of creative new ideas for enhancing life and art.
Patti Digh author extraordinaire of Life is a Verb, said that along with taking on, she also thinks about letting go... a negative that is weighting her buoyancy.
This afternoon I read
Jen Worden's fabulous post about her selection of a word that will serve as a theme for the coming year.
In December, Lani Puppetmaker started pairing her morning pages (delightful, amazing collages) with a series of Rev O' Lutions, qualities she wants to focus on in the coming year. While on her blog yesterday I watched a powerful video that captured my attention and underscores my beliefs for the coming year, for every day, for life.
I made a list of the values that I want to enhance, strengthen in my art, family and life. Then, when I watched the video I knew I was on the right track. I believe in doing whatever possible to make a difference in this world; I often get frustrated when I poke my head in the media and feel instantly overwhelmed by the problems, issues and wrongs on this planet. So I was delighted to accompany National Geographic photographer Dewitt Jones on a global journey as he talks about Celebrating What is Right with the World. Such power. I asked Lani if she minded my borrowing her post, which came to her from Adela, and she said of course - the more who see it the better.
My 'A' words for the year are certainly aligned with Dewitt Jones' philosophy; they are:
Adventure
Appreciation
Awareness
Awe (the list is abbreviated of course:)

I'd love your thoughts on the video and any plans you have (or not!) for enjoying the launch of 2010.

Comments

Beautiful post, beautiful video and beautiful thoughts.

I don't do New Year's resolutions ever nor do I spend a lot of time reflecting on the past. I try to learn from my mistakes as I make them and then appreciate each day for the beauty and potential it has. After losing someone dear to my heart very suddenly, I realize that we only have the moment we are in and to celebrate life every day. I too get overwhelmed by the negativity in the world but I believe that is not a true picture.
Thank you for your uplifting post.
Debrina said…
My resolutions are up on my blog - 8 servings of goals to achieve or maintain. One of them is to get back out on my bike - which I was actually doing just before new years anyway. That video is stunning! I'm also going to over to see what Lani has done. Oh, and I must apologise - I completely forgot to post about my art exchange goodies. Will hopefully remember to do it next week!
MiloMen said…
Follo me back...*_*
Ragamuffin Gal said…
I like the part of celebrating the "good" in our world for the coming year! Out of your A words I choose appreciation! Which I certainly can give right back to you! I appreciate your friendship and your blog posts which are always reflective and makes me think and hope! Love to you Patti!

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!