9.11.09

Haiku

leaves, so much the same
how can we know that they fall
from different trees
~patti edmon 9.11.09



For a moment let us put aside our differences and look at ourselves not as Democrat or Republican, black or white, Presbyterian or Baptist, Jewish or Muslim. Or atheist. Or corporate, academic, small business owner or fast food cook. Let us consider how this world would be if we put aside bias and judgment and remember that we are all one people.
For an amazing post and names of all the individuals who died on 9.11.01, visit Patti Digh's blog. She challenges us to appreciate our freedom to choose how we move forward, as we remember those who do not have that opportunity. I choose to seek grace with an open heart and undivided mind and an abundance of thanks for all that I have been blessed with on this sunny, warm, quiet day.

Comments

Katiejane said…
Thank you for remembering. And yes, we should ALL be trying harder to make this world a better place.
soulbrush said…
a very moving post. thanks xxx
Anonymous said…
thank you for a beautiful post, patti.
Karin Bartimole said…
I see you as someone who does this each day Patti. I love your haiku, too.
xox K
Caterina Giglio said…
Hi Patti! I love this post and tribute to 9/11. I always think this country was founded on the idea that it is good to agree to disagree and be ok with that. xo
Seth said…
Beautiful, thought-provoking haiku.
Anonymous said…
A stunningly beautiful post. Thank you.
Love this photo It speaks to me in many ways.. the blocks are assorted wood, some pine some maple, some oak. I had some of my boys blocks left over and I had a friend's husband with power tools cut some for me.

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Fall Giveaway!

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist