Inspired by Color



Inspire Me Thursday's latest challenge calls for the use of the colors pink and orange. When I read that I wondered how I coulld showcase the brilliance of two colors that I absolutely adore, but don't often (enough!) use in my work. I was taking a walk this morning and I opened to the world around me, the beauty of summer, still in full color, blossoms drenched with fragrance, the steamy sensation that portends another hot day... though my children have returned to school and the house is quiet again; the Altered Attic beckons, still messy from the last few occasions I managed to find time for art. 
While admiring a neighbor's garden I recalled a photograph I took back in July and loved but hadn't yet used. So, when I came in (and cooled off!) I opened the computer and there it was, waiting, like then, floating in the gorgeous pond in the backyard at the home of our good friends Ron and Vickie.  
I didn't create the flower of course, like most of the natural world it's much too perfect. I am thankful, though, for the Creator, the opportunity to post the photo, and for the inspiration to use brighter colors in the next collage, journal, whatever project comes next. 

Comments

soulbrush said…
glorious, mother nataure wis again. hey hope we are going to trade some atcs soon, get going girl.
Karin Bartimole said…
pink and orange perfection!! a beautiful shot Patti :)
lynne h said…
i adore pink and orange too... and that color that happens when orange fades into pink. oooohhhh... total color love... and i see it here.

okay, i'm supposed to be posting on my blog but i'm getting sidetracked. ; )
Debrina said…
Well, if your aim was to meet the challenge requirements, you sure did that!! How could anyone walk past that flower without pauing to wonder at teh beauty of nature! Beaut shot, Patti!!
Caterina Giglio said…
Just gorgeous! very inspirational! thanks for the post! I hope you are having a fun day! ; } cat
Katiejane said…
That's the main thing, live in the moment and take notice of the things around you. Beauty is everywhere, if only we take the time to look.
I think Fall is the in-between time when we all breathe a big "Ahhhh". Take some time for yourself now.
Beautiful flower.
Debrina said…
Patti, the dye I used is FAS (Fine Art Supplies) liquid dye. It's made in New Zealand and dirt cheap: $3.50 for a 50ml bottle. I'm sure you have something similar over your way - it's just high intensity water/liquid dye. The key I think was the fact that the undercoat (white primer) was dry but the dye wasn't quite and the dye clung to the rub-on more than the primer.
great blog keep up the good work
Patti, I was looking for inspiration and decided to check out my listing of art blogs. You were the first listed and to my great pleasure, saw your lovely pink and orange flower staring me in the face. Wonderful and perfect. Full of energy and joy. thanks for your choice! Always, Barbara
Ohhh, lovely colors together. A summer sunset combination. Beautiful photo.
3rdEyeMuse said…
this photo borders surreal - the colors really are quite spectacular.
Anonymous said…
what an absolutely gorgeous photo! i utterly adore it! the flower is so magnificent and it looks like its edges were painted on.
Anonymous said…
nice blog..
Caterina Giglio said…
Hi Patti!
I blogged you and sent you a little award. hope you have time to accept it! hugs, cat

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!