Tomato eating time!

Sexton's Farm is located in Monticello, Kentucky, on the road to my in-law's cabin on Lake Cumberland. We spent a few days at the Lake and at dinner time my mother-in-law served fresh green beans with potatoes, corn on the cob, cornbread, sliced cucumbers, watermelon and, of course, tomatoes - all fresh from Sexton's. We stopped on the way out and came home with several bags of just-picked summer produce.




Dylan enjoyed talking with Mr. Sexton, asking about all those trophies (up high on a beam against the left wall). Turns out they are state champion soy bean growers, winning several years in a row even competing against the big boys in Lexington and Louisville. I didn't mention that I wouldn't know what to do with a mess of fresh soybeans...




I've always loved small town junk shops and flea markets, farms, all things bucolic... if I'd had my 'good' camera and more time I'd have spent a few hours poking through the rusty goodies piled in every corner and dangling from walls, in boxes and barrels. But, with two dogs (one partially 'trained'), two kids and a dh in a hurry to get home, I was lucky to get out of there with my melons, potatoes and green beans... and several big juicy tomatoes!


Comments

Katiejane said…
Sounds Delicious!! My husband's grandfather had a farm implements business. Hubby loves all things farm related too. He would love seeing this. Enjoy!!
Laura said…
Hi Patti, what a treat! I love seasonal produce and have been craving a farmer's market trip, those tomatoes look so fresh & juicy!!

btw - Thanks so much for stopping in and wishing me luck on my upcoming show :>

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Fall Giveaway!

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist