Happy Anniversary!



During the few spare moments I had in early June, I slipped upstairs to the Altered Attic to make a card for my best friend, soul mate, and husband of 19 years (plus the 4 we spent together before finally making it official:) I thought it appropriate to post as a tribute to the best years of my life.  
Warning, following is a very sentimental recollection:
Jim proposed to me in March of 1990, in the manager's office of the custom jewelry store we'd wandered in to; when our eyes landed on an exquisite aquamarine accented by diamonds on both sides, we stopped. The sales person said it was an original design and, though we hadn't said 'marriage' out loud, when she asked if we'd like to see it, I tried it on; it was a perfect fit and we both knew.  The manager asked if we'd like to talk privately in his office, private in that it was separated from the store by a large glass window. We weren't in there long and when we turned to leave we saw all the store employees gathered, smiling. So, I never had to take it off, except for the few days when they designed a wedding band to fit the contours of the ring. Who says you can't plan a wedding in three months?!
How could I have known that these years would be as creative and original as the ring, that the journey would be a challenge but never boring. To say these nineteen years have been a fairy tale, well, there are always monsters and demons, the trials and obstacles that line the path to the happy ending...


Comments

Congrats - 19 years how wonderful!
biographia2008@gmail.com said…
Happy Anniversary My Sweet Friends!

What a magical moment it was in that intimate, light-filled church when you both said 'I do'! The reception in that romantic garden was perfection and you looked absolutely radiant (in spite of the 90 degree weather).

You and Jim are perfect together. I am so, so happy for you today!!!

Love,

Karen
Katiejane said…
You said it best. We're working on #34!
Anonymous said…
How sweeeet!^^
Poetic Artist said…
Wow..What a true love..
Beautiful.
Katelen
Karin Bartimole said…
That's a sweet and romantic story - obviously a *meant to be* moment! Congratulations nd happy anniversary! I love the card, too :)
Ragamuffin Gal said…
Patti ~
Thanks for opening up your beautiful world and giving us a glimpse inside at this special moment. Moments like these are what makes us who we are ~ So I feel like I know you better. Your present is lovely as well. Heartfelt congratulations to both of you and the life you've made together! Love, Katie

Popular posts from this blog

One World One Heart

Patti Edmon Abstract Artist

Fall Giveaway!